Sunday, March 19, 2006

Monkey See, Monkey Do

We went to the zoo today. Let me tell you, I didn't want to go out. I wanted to laze around in my pyjamas all day and do nothing. Laundry, clean, cook, eat, sleep. That's it. Nothing more.

After much deliberation, (And might I add, a few carefully placed pouts on the man's part) I sucked it up and we left.

Amazingly, I had a good time. I yukked it up with a zebra, I let a donkey lick my hand, and I got some funny pictures of monkeys doing cute things.

These monkeys were very smart. It was like they were little old men. One of them was born in 1980, which to me, just seems wrong. I mean, the frigging monkey is my age. Another, Gina, was born in 1971. Hilarious. She looked it too. :)

The highlight of the afternoon though, was probably when the lions we were calmly watching began to fight. It was short lived however, much to the chagrin of the man, who was egging them on. He really wanted to see a lion fight.

Better luck next time I suppose.

All in all it was a fun afternoon. It was even funnier when we came home and he challenged the neighbour to a one-on-one game of basketball for money. The man kicked said neighbour's ass from here to Tuesday. It was hilarious.

The neighbour is five.

You may all bow your heads.

No comments: