Monday, December 18, 2006

Ella...


I came across this Ella Fitzgerald song a while back and then while reading the Mitch Albom book "For One More Day", the lyrics to the song are in there too.

They struck a chord in me somewhere, just thought I'd share...

"You're walking along the street, or you're at a party,
Or else you're alone and then you suddenly dig,
You're lookin' in someone's eyes, you suddenly realize
That this could be the start of something big."


Who knows what path we're all on, where we're supposed to be, what we should be doing with our lives?

When is it time to step back, look at your place in line, wonder what it is you're doing?

Will you know?


4 comments:

Some Guy said...

Reflection is always good, in my opinion. The thing is, you'll never know, even when you think you do. It's what makes life rich.

You're not SUPPOSED to be anywhere. You're just where you are. If it doesn't feel right, then you move on.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I step back and review every New Year's Eve and on my birthday, whether I need it or not.

g-man said...

Fall is my usual time of reflection and nostalgia. The aromas in the autumn air invoke a longing for childhood and a sense of accomplishment at where I am. It also brings about another perspective that I can use to examine varied situations. Once winter begins and the holidays gear up my focus changes toward getting things done, and fall feelings are lost again for another year.

Amie Adams said...

I love this post. Doesn't Ella rock?!

Hope you survived Christmas.