Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jalopy Jalopy...


I have a jalopy.
The beast shut down on me at the grocery store tonight.

Carl had been cranky for most of the evening, but after the past couple of days, I thought that nothing worse could happen.

I was oh so wrong.

It got me to the store. It barely got me home.

Were it not for the kindness of a stranger who saw a pissed off me in the front seat angry-dialing her mommy for bitching purposes...

Well, let's just say if he hadn't given me a boost, I'd still be wallowing in the parking lot. Probably chain smoking and crying alternately.


3 comments:

IDigHootchAndCootch said...

A few years ago my beater, that I had since university, conked out on me on the highway... well, its not so much that it conked out on me as it is it caught on fire. ahhh, good times

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

So, does this mean a new ride for the boob lady?

Anonymous said...

bean there, done that... MULTIPLE times. I'm in, like, my late 30's and I've still NEVER owned a new car...