Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'll get you good....

Twas a quiet day at work the other day, so when it came time to go for a break, I was good and ready.

I took my first break at around 2:30 that afternoon and proceeded to go about my usual routine. I went to my favorite sitting spot, opened my book, and lit my smoke.

As I'm relaxing, I notice the resident crazy (We'll call him RC for short) sitting on the bench by the wall, mumbling, and staring off into space.

I promptly finish my break, which takes about 15 minutes, and as I'm going back into the mall, I notice that RC is still sitting there.

I work for a couple more hours, and then a few of the girls from other stores come recruit me for another break.

Three of us proceed outside and sit in my favorite spot. RC is still sitting on the bench, either keeping it warm or holding it up. At this point, I'm not sure.

So, we proceed with our smoke, we're chatting away, discussing the events of the day, when we're off, the usual.

All of a sudden, RC, who has been silent up until this point, bolts up from the bench, grabs his bags, and runs half way into the parking lot.

This is the part of the blog, where, if you must use the washroom, go now.

So, we're sitting there, all alerted to the fact that RC has run into the middle of the parking lot, and wondering what the hell is going on.

All of a sudden, RC starts shaking his fist in the air.

We snicker.

Then, out of nowhere, RC yells:

"FUCK YOU!!! I'll get you next time you cocksucker!!"

All three of us look at the others, wonder who is going to lose it first, and all burst out laughing together. At this point, we're not sure who or what RC is yelling at, and we're all a little scared of him at the same time, so we stifle our laughter quickly. We're not sure if when he notices we're laughing at him if he'll:

A) Come over and beat us up
B) Come over and talk to us
C) Come ask for smokes
D) All of the above

Instead, he saunters back to the bench, hoists his bags beside him, and settles back in.

We're not entirely sure if he was shaking his fist at the fact that a bus left, presumably without him on it, the air, which is entirely possible, or at something completely different.

I guess we'll never know.

But, it was still the laugh of the day.

And the next day.

And the day after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That stuff never happens on the days that I worked. All I got was the occasional mullet. ~TS