Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Last Call....

Me and the man went to the wedding of some good friends of ours a couple of weekends ago and had an excellent time. The man was a groomsman, I was a spectator, and we hooked up with friends we hadn't seen since our high school graduation. It was a blast.

Cut to the reception.

We were all having a grand ol' time, reminiscing, drinking, laughing, smoking, the works. A few of us even got up and cut a rug.

The man didn't. He doesn't like to make appearances on the dance floor with me. But I digress....

Cut to "Last Call"....

A bunch of us are sitting around the table chatting it up when the DJ announces that it's last call. I should tell you that this announcement came at approximately 12:30 am and that none of us were prepared to call it a night.

After multiple moans and groans, most of the boys went up to the bar to collect what would be the last paid drinks of the evening. The man followed suit.

I had a couple of sips left of my beer and anticipated that the man would grab me a couple of drinks as I knew he would do for himself.

Well...

I got a drink.

Singular.

Uno.

The man had so generously purchased me one cool glass of Budweiser beer. He, with full hands, put his 4 double rum and cokes down on the table in front of him.

What?

That's right folks. You give a man the best almost three years of your life and what do you get at one of your best friends' weddings?

One fucking Bud.

Love you TM. Love you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend and mine must be related!!!!!
MEN!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend and mine must be related!!!!!
MEN!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1